Resources. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 14:34 (2364 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Honestly? The former.

But at a certain point, I’d rather Destiny be a completely different game than it actually is, so that’s really just on me. I love the always connected game that Destiny is, I really do, but I still think they had to sacrifice too much to make it that way. I’d rather have a game in the Festiny universe that’s actually just Halo: Reach in terms of experience. I’d still much rather play literally any Bungie Halo level than any Destiny story mission.

Again, that’s on me, and something I probably just need to let go of at this point, but it’s honestly sort of difficult to do, but I still think the very nature of the type of game Destiny is prevents us from getting features that were standard in Halo, and I’m not convinced it’s worth the trade off.

This is the track my brain has been running on for a while now. I don't think there is a single Destiny story mission that comes close to matching pretty much any Halo campaign mission in terms of encounter design, replayability, or storytelling. For whatever reason, Destiny's strengths just seem to fall elsewhere. And that's totally great, except that such a large portion of every Destiny release is built around these mediocre campaign missions. They just aren't very good when compared to Bungie's past work, or other modern AAA shooters. Nor do they hold a candle to the best stuff in Destiny, none of which happens during the campaigns.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread