More exasperation (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, February 02, 2018, 10:21 (2272 days ago) @ squidnh3

I was planning on posting a rant in this thread, but now I feel like I'd just be piling on and I also don't want to type out some super long response or spend more time thinking about this stuff, so here's the short version:

To me, Destiny PvP should be about the interplay of Supers, abilities, and powerful weapons. I'm not even sure if Destiny 2 qualifies as Destiny PvP in this respect. So, my most sincerest hope is that Bungie fixes Destiny 2 PvP into something CruelLegacy will hate - I don't know how to argue this point without sounding like a jerk. Until Bungie explains what Destiny PvP means to them (and their changes over the past 2-3 years have made it extremely unclear what they are even trying to do), having this discussion is difficult/impossible. However, I feel strongly that Destiny 1 style of play should have primacy, simply because it came first and is what many people found so compelling about the game.

I agree with you that Bungie needs to be clear as to what they want PvP to be. Especially since they started with D1 PvP and changed it into what it is now. I will also add that I am willing to play PvP way more now than I did in D1. But I think the reason for that is because of how it plays, not because it's broken or anything. And I think on the opposite side is probably why some of you don't like PvP. I guess you can't appease everyone? Well, you can't, but at least Bungie can not piss everyone off by confusing them as to what they want PvP to be :-D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread