I feel like I can't really explain myself sometimes. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 02, 2018, 10:12 (2266 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that sometimes, almost certainly without meaning to, your hyperbole can dampen my enthusiasm to even try and share. I don't want that to happen, so I'm telling you in the hopes that you can keep the rest of us in mind when you're telling us how easy something should be.

I play with Cruel sometimes, so I know he doesn't mean to come off as dismissive and indirectly condescending as he has been in this thread. It comes down to poorly-phrased hyperbole rather than deliberately talking down at people that he considers less skilled than he is.

(I totally get that you were originally trying to say "I don't really like supers, because I feel like they disrupt the flow of the game", and your hyperbole - I should stop calling it that, your description of your experiences with them - was mostly just in defense of that point. But MY point was that I see a common thread in some of your posts, where the evidence you use to make your points tends to make me feel like even sharing my experience will make me look like a schlub. So I don't share. I don't mind at all that you play on a level that's light-years above me; several people on this forum do that. (I even play with some of them.) The difference is, when they're talking about their experiences, I don't feel demeaned. You can describe your experience, even if it's way more intricate or complicated or skilled than mine, without making ME feel like a loser. That's all.)

Right. I know I'm not as good at the game as most folks here, but his claims really don't make sense to me. Other than the Fist of Panic in D1, Supers there weren't so bad, and they're generally easier to drop in D2, especially with more frequent Heavy drops (and the prevalence of rocket launchers).
And don't even get me started on trying to get kills with Supers. I try to pop my Supers strategically, but unless I'm using Stormcaller, I'm probably not going to get more than one kill with a Super.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread