From the Update | I Feel the NEED... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 02, 2018, 08:13 (2246 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I never said I get 3+ supers with every activation. I said that if I get less than 3 kills with a super, it is usually because I screwed up, and not because the enemy team did anything particularly amazing to stop me.

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree. This statement implies that the other team doesn't have the tools to defeat you correctly, thus to mess up, it has to be laid at the feet of the person using the super, is that what you are saying in a nutshell? Other people have mentioned that in D2 there is way more tools to defeat supers, elemental and more frequent heavy ammo being the most used.

Correct me if I misunderstood.

Nope, you've got it.

If you pop your super at the wrong moment, or attack recklessly, then yeah you won't get a ton of kills. All of that is the fault of the person activating their super at the wrong time and/or using it poorly. Which I consider "screwing up", as I first said.

This I would consider to be the fault of the super user, almost everything after that is how well the other team plays.

I think there is a risk/reward balance with this sort of thing, and Destiny leans too far to one direction for my personal taste. Meaning, I don't think there is enough risk involved with activating a super, and I think the rewards are too easily attained. But that said, I think D2 is striking a pretty good overall balance around supers at the moment, in the crucible. Because of how rare they are, and because they're not quite as unstoppable as they were in D1, I often feel like I have a chance at stopping them if I play really smart. And sometimes I manage to do it, and that leads to the most fun moments I've had in D2 crucible. I just hope that the faster super recharge will not turn the game into the all-out super spam that we had in D1, that's all :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread