Elemental does not do more damage in Crucible to shields (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 02, 2018, 13:03 (2275 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I was under the impression that a kinetic weapon would do more damage to unshielded enemies and non-supered Guardians than the same type of weapon would do in the energy slot, with the reverse being true for shielded enemies and supering Guardians.

-Disciple

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this to another DBO player fairly recently and they were surprised. I think the problem is it's not a strong enough difference so most players don't even notice.

It's actually not true. In Crucible Kinetic and Energy do the same amount of damage to everything except supers. No difference whatsoever (same with perks that say they do more damage to shielded combatants). There have been a few tests done on this to confirm (and I'm pretty sure I've seen a Bungie employee confirm it on Twitter). Here is one such test:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6zzvd8/kinetic_and_energy_math_to_put_this_confusion_to/

Notice that with PvP the damage is listed exactly the same for the same archetype of weapon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread