From the Update | I Feel the NEED... (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, February 02, 2018, 07:49 (2272 days ago) @ Korny

I felt a sudden need to re-post this. Not only because it felt right relevant (and is AWESOME), but because I'm actually hyped about these proposed changes!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

I hope this ships.

One thing that I definitely feel when returning to Destiny from other games is how little "momentum" plays into the gameplay itself, when it's such a noticeable (and great) part of modern game design, especially when it comes to improving on the skill gap.

Destiny 1 sort of had this with Warlock gliding and Titan skating (not to say anything about those shotgun-sliding jerks, too), and even Blink had a risk-reward system, but movement in Destiny 2 feels really stiff, even though they got rid of Sprint cooldown. I'm not asking them to implement wall-running or bullet jumping, but I'd like to see a focus on smoother transitions between movement that take momentum into account.

Hopefully in making everything faster, the momentum issues don't become more noticeable.

You apparently haven't played a striker titan before :) Strikers are all about forward momentum. that's only half a joke, I understand you are talking about basic momentum.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread