Less super kills because less targets (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, February 02, 2018, 08:39 (2268 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Putting this here because I don't know where it fits best in these sub-threads...

How dare you, good sir?! I agree with the rest of this good, honorable DBO community in our stand against your completely outrageous assertion that getting less than 3 kills with a super means suckage!! ;-P

I think a big factor we're missing in this discussion of whether the over/under on super kills is (or should be) 3+ is the fact that we're stuck with 4v4 instead of the 6v6 of D1.

Getting 3+ kills with a super means basically wiping the the entire opposing team, and more often than not, there is no way to cover that much of the map regardless of how smart you were in timing when to pop your super and how skilled you were in executing with it. Obviously, some of the other design differences between D1 and D2 [being discussed here already] play a factor as well -- but let's not discount the fact that there are less targets at any given moment than we used to have.

As someone that plays Gunslinger almost exclusively in Crucible, I usually feel good to get two kills with a Golden Gun, not uncommon to only get one, very rarely get three, and more often than I'd like to admit get zero - and some of those times I even still feel like it wasn't due completely to fault of my own. If I had to pull a number out of my ass, I'd say I probably average 1.66 kills per GG, and I'm usually fairly tactical when I use it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread