About the new raid... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 19:24 (1938 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Looks like they're no longer calling it a Raid lair

They're still explicitly calling it a raid lair, in game. If you click the Season 5 icon in the upper right on the Director screen, it brings up a Season of the Forge thing with a box that says "New Raid Lair"

Not that it particularly matters, I guess.

It matters from a marketing perspective, I think (without knowing how much the new "Raid" entails, content-wise).

"Raid Lair" has received a negative reception in the community, with the term basically meaning "raid lite", and thus not having nearly as much value as an actual raid. Given that they're asking for the same amount of money for less product (again, subject to change, but they're ditching campaigns), they need it to sound enticing, so "raid lair" is out, "Raid" is in. I wouldn't be surprised if the in-game ad gets updated to reflect the more appealing term.

Who knows, maybe ditching campaign means more resources going into the raid lair, which would upgrade it to proper Raid status, but considering the way those resources are being spread into three DLCs this time, instead of two, it may be smaller than usual.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread