ViDoc - The Road Ahead (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 13:34 (1937 days ago) @ Korny

Looks like a marketing video to me.

You mean the thing ViDocs have been since they first started releasing them a decade ago? I’m shocked!

I kind of got the same feeling as Cody, though I tried not to be so blindly cynical.

This video played less like a "here's a look behind the curtain of our game creation process" and more like a "Please buy the annual pass!" pitch. Nothing felt genuine, though the new stuff looked neat.

And I like how they skirt the Activision pressures as "this is what we want to do, because of fan feedback! Remember how players asked for matchmaking activities four years ago? Well, we've listened! Goodbye campaign expansions!"

It's pretty much sold me on NOT buying the annual pass, since it's clearly just yet-another manufactured-enthusiasm video from Bungie. I predict that the Season Pass will be on sale by Christmas.

Yeah, this is it right here. I mean all the Vidocs were sales videos at the end of the day, but they felt more fan focused before and not a pitch to buy stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread