About the new raid... (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 08:05 (1977 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Maybe I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, but I think there's a huge difference.

Forsaken has set the tone and pace of this style of content. Yeah, the Thunderlord quest is almost indefensibly bad and shitty. That sucks. But the rest of Forsaken has been excellent in terms of long-term content. If the Dreaming City (and even things like Spider's rotating wanted bounties) is the template moving forward, I'm all for it.

Season 4 was so full of stuff to do, there's tons I haven't done. I still haven't even set foot in the Shattered Throne. I've only done a handful of Ascendant Challenges. I'll still be working towards Redrix's Broadsword and Luna's Howl. And now there's three more weapons to go get!

Maybe there's another Shattered Throne coming (or, if not that, at least another Whisper-scale mission).

Again, maybe I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, and we've certainly been in this place before, but I think Bungie has to know another year of Curse of Osiris isn't going to cut it at this point.

I honestly don't get the people are lauding this game as lack of content and there isn't cool things going forward and it's not with the money you pay for it. It just blows my mind. Yes, we all know the Thunderlord quest sucked, I don't know about saying it was broadcasted as this awesome thing... But I'm having fun every time I get on and there is no end to the amount of stuff I can do.

I've done about half of the ascendant challenges, I only just now completed the shattered throne last night, I haven't even finished some of the prestige raids on the leviathan. I spent hours just exploring the dreaming city in all it's awesome beauty with Dame a couple nights ago and it was FUN.

This whole thread is actually got me really worked up. I just honestly don't understand. To say I am angry or pissed off is too strong and direct. Emotions are bubbling out of me. I'm confused and astounded that we can sit here critiqueing and bemoaning a video, what could happen for future content, or the fact that people are making it sound like the very act if playing this game is allowing some evil entity to pluck the souls from honest gamers... It's just all so much negativity.

It blows my mind because I spend hours playing a game I love with old and new people I like playing with. Hours of enjoying a game that is honestly fracking beautiful and mind blowing in it's own right. Yeah, call me a fan boy or whatever, but all I hear on this post about this new content is the stereotypical food critic who is nitpicking so much that they lose sight of the fact they are still eating an amazing dish. It's infuriating to hear it over and over and over again. And not because it might actually be true at times but because it's the same thing from the people who are still playing the game. We have said it before on this forum, if Destiny is just not making you feel good then take a break or find a different game to play. But I'm honestly tired of hearing the negativity.

I'm going go play a fucking amazing game called Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread