Silence, you! (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 20:18 (1977 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 20:30

I find the constant pushes to silence people here on these forums far more problematic than any single sources of negativity.

Are you sure you're not overplaying things?

You choose to ignore posters you find disagreeable. But to you... the only acceptable option is for everyone to follow your lead? Nobody is allowed to comment on behavior you already acknowledge is not good? Is every single person who comments on a post you would have ignored a silencer? Is it possible to comment on a post you personally choose to ignore without trying to silence that poster? Is it ever acceptable to you for someone to comment on someone else's behavior around here?

Honestly, the game spins round and round. People don't like what someone says and comment on it... which you take as them trying to silence someone. So you then tell them to silence that criticism. Then someone can come and tell you to be silent, I suppose. I guess that would be me... except I was so glad when you came back and I still am. I don't want you to be silent! I read your posts specifically to get your take on things! But I do hope you'll reevaluate your words here because they could be seen as hurtful. They were to me.

A better position, I think, would be to acknowledge that we're all here in common enjoyment of a game, and though we have disagreements, nobody is actually looking to deny the other person the chance to share their opinions. Heck, I think most of us agree on most things. It's just things like tone and phrasing and snark that gets in the way on occasion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread