About the new raid... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 29, 2018, 19:12 (1936 days ago) @ Ragashingo

At the same time, wanting to silence negativity is not automatically the same thing as wanting to silence criticism.

I'd be in favor of not trying to silence anyone, so long as they aren't breaking any of the forum's rules. The line between "negativity" and "criticism" is blurry at best, and up to a ceratin amount of interpretation in most cases. I find the constant pushes to silence people here on these forums far more problematic than any single sources of negativity. As far as negativity goes, there are several forum members who's posts I no longer click on, because I find their posts too negative or vitriolic to be constructive or worth discussing. So I skip them. Easy to do, and my personal choice to make. Far better than trying to silence the person just because I don't like their posts.

You don't have to read every single comment on these forums. None of us do, (except for the mods, possibly. Although even then I'd say they're fine to skip as many posts as they want. If a post shows up that is truly problematic, I'm sure it would get drawn to their attention real fast).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread