Halo Episode 1 (Spoilers) (Fan Creations)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 25, 2022, 17:41 (761 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's not the wrong choice having him do what he did, but it felt too early and not earned yet.

I think we should've at least gotten a "show, don't tell" of him being a good boy soldier, so the mutiny actually had any weight. Especially considering how Halsey directly tells Silver team to ignore FLEETCOM orders and also go rogue themselves and they're totally fine with it.

I feel like they tried and got edited/produced short?

Lost is also the poster child for the dangers of mystery box storytelling.

You're not wrong there. That's why while thoroughly enjoying this episode, I'm still cautious about this show.

Clear emotions and emotional stakes trump mystery box every time.

Eh. If the mystery box keeps me entertained up until it opens, it was worth it for me. No need to actually pay off if kept me excited. Hard pass on frustration, though.

I hadn't considered that, because the glimpses of them prior were very clearly elites and they showed the ship. But for someone who is not familiar with Halo, perhaps! But then they'd be lost elsewhere…

Eh, do you really think there was much hanging on actually knowing some Halo in this episode? Sure, lots of fun references, but anything important happened that only fans got informed?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread