I'm on the opposite end of you. *sp* (Fan Creations)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 11, 2022, 15:25 (745 days ago) @ ManKitten

I'll still say that, related to nothing, it's a good show. Im intrigued by what's going on...but come on...this isn't Halo. What a waste of an IP. What a waste of so much already developed lore that is amazing.

I'll say it again: lore is poison to video game adaptations. You can absorb lore in games in a way that doesn't derail the experience. You cannot do this in movies. You need to incorporate it directly into your narrative. This is why Mortal Kombat 2021 was so dismal. They cared too much about the lore and not enough about a compelling story.

This adaptation is already of higher quality than what I was expecting. And it is, in my opinion, precisely because they are taking the exact steps you seem to dislike. The show you are wishing for could not ever possibly be good. I realize your brain wants it. But making it so and making that work in a TV show is insurmountable. This is why so many video game adaptations do not work. We've been through this so many times.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread