Well… (Fan Creations)

by Coaxkez, Monday, May 16, 2022, 16:52 (710 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I’ve been watching the show week-to-week and (mostly) enjoying it up until the now-infamous sex scene. While I’ve got no problem with the concept of giving Master Chief a romantic and/or sexual relationship, I did not feel that the moment was earned given the way they chose to do it.

For one thing, what the hell is Chief doing making a booty call in a high-security prison cell? Like, aren’t there cameras? And then he just spends the night like it’s no big deal. Bro, I get it, Makee is a nice-looking woman and you’re (probably) a virgin, but don’t you think you might get caught? Doesn’t it seem like a really, really bad idea to be doing this? Moreover, doesn’t Chief have enough wherewithal to realize that literally sleeping with the enemy will probably backfire spectacularly? At the very least, it’s a huge opsec risk and he should know better than to do it. Again, I do understand that Chief is a 40 year old virgin and that he’s experiencing this really intense and specific emotional connection with Makee, but I don’t think the context justifies the stupidity of his behavior here.

I don’t know, man. It didn’t kill the show for me and I’m still going to watch the finale to see how they wrap all of this up, but it was a major letdown in such an otherwise good episode.

I mean, at least they didn’t have him fuck Cortana… although when they cut away to that shot of her watching him, I actually laughed out loud. Her expression combined with the unintentional comedic timing of the cut was just too perfect.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread