Episode 6 - Eyes (Fan Creations)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, April 29, 2022, 11:19 (728 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This show quickly turned from being merely neat to see the Halo things on TV to a legitimately great show.

Like you, my main complaint really just boils down to production issues. As you mentioned, the sets feel so barren. I get it’s the future, but . . . I doubt pens and paper stopped existing. It just feels weird and not believable—like how are these people doing their jobs?

Some of the props are also sort of bad in a way that I can’t see a legitimate excuse for. The keystone looks terrible in some of the close-ups, like it was a mediocre resolution 3D print that they didn’t bother to even hit with some sandpaper and they just called it good and rattle-canned it silver.

That stuff is disappointing but ultimately forgivable because what’s actually happening and they way the story is being told is so utterly compelling.

Sheesh, you think Microsoft just has extra money laying around for bondo and crack fill primer!!?? That stuff is almost $10 per can!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread