Episode 7 (Fan Creations)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 06, 2022, 13:58 (692 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Can't it just be, you know, because she wants to? Because the ideal of freedom is important to her? We get yet another hero special because of birthright. Not happy about this.

This is my biggest complaint about so many stories these days. Things actually feel less special when they’ve been preordained. At that point you’re just a cog in a cosmic wheel. The original matrix is the only story that handled it well in my memory. Sure there was an oracle, but the advice they gave was ambiguous enough that multiple levels of interpretation could be applied. Neo’s becoming of The One actually happened against his best understanding so it felt earned rather than bestowed. Ehh, this and the Chief’s special forerunner magic bug me. I liked it better when all humans shared this trait. I guess Miranda won’t get killed by Truth in this version.

Yeah, it’s the divine right of kings recycled.

Not my favorite episode, except admiring the guts to make the show it’s own thing.

That being said, I’m still interested in what happens next.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread