Sigh… (Fan Creations)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, May 21, 2022, 14:58 (678 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Some lines, especially during the action sequences were hackneyed crap. "The ship won't hold!" "She'll hold."

I thought that was a direct quote from the games, but after a cursory search through some cutscenes it doesn't appear to be. I swear I can hear "She'll hold" (or perhaps "It'll hold") in the Chief's voice in my memory somewhere. At the very least it's a twist on "We're not going to make it!" and "We'll make it" that Bungie used like three times. Especially given the crash and then then Kai pulling herself onto the ledge, just like Chief did in the games.

D'oh. Good point. An echo I missed. I guess I just didn't like that sequence anyway. At one point a character says something like cabin A is on fire, and I thought Pelicans have cabins? (Maybe this one did--it was biggest Pelican I'd ever seen.)

I guess what really bugged me was I didn't see what line they were supposedly holding. I didn't understand what they were doing, and how it related to whatever Cortana was supposedly doing, and anytime it showed a Master Chief's hand on the yoke, it looked fake, like actors in old TV shows directed to act like they steering fake cars but overdoing it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread