Grimoire (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:54 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

A bunch of things just clicked for me. Suddenly I feel like I have a much better idea of where things are probably going now.

That's almost as much of a tease as the Grimoire itself. :)

I'm going to speculate that the Traveller and the Darkness both have power over life and death. For the Traveller, it manifests in the Ghost technology, with them seeking out a Guardian from the dead, and all that. (I'm guessing also that the Traveller's power is waning, which is why it has to fall to resurrecting scraps of humanity in order to amass the strength to fight back the Darkness.)

For the Darkness, I think the Dark Patrol concept art we've seen is an indication of what we'll see; that it, in Flood-like fashion, will either possess or reanimate legions of our enemies, regardless of faction or race, and use them as one great army. So we have a bunch of individual living factions, and then the Darkness which uses them all. Whether the AI will function differently in that context remains to be seen, but even the normal AI working cohesively together using all the best traits of each faction would be terrifying enough.

Of course, I could be wildly wrong.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread