Agreed (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:26 (3595 days ago) @ ZackDark

It'd be interesting, but doesn't fit well.

Actually, on a second thought, it sounds a bit too Deus Ex Machina, if we got completely wiped out but were brought back. Sounds a lot better to think that the ones who returned are special in some way.

Eeeeeeeh.

I don't know about any other English majors here, but that seems a misapplication of the term. This isn't a third act ass-saving maneuver by eagles swooping down over Mount Doom; this is setting the stage.

For me, humanity being wiped out and then resurrected from a truly dead civilization holds more promise. That is a story that intrigues me more than the alternative. It makes me wonder how many other civilizations the Darkness has truly wiped out that we might pick over in the future.

And really, aren't Guardians selected from the ranks of fallen warriors indeed special? I mean, for the Traveller or Ghosts to be able to somehow discern that seems that there is some quality that would set them apart from humanity itself right from the break.

(As an aside, the idea that normal Humanity would be uneasy or even outright fear the Guardians is a more tenacious idea for me the longer I think about it. I'm hoping we get some subplots to that effect.)

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread