Grimoire (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:46 (3599 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So if I have gathered correctly, when the darkness came, we wern't just knocked down. We were utterly destroyed. It won.

-but- ( with extrapolation)

The Traveler in one last effort used all it had left. So much so that now it hovers over the last safe city on earth, totally exhausted and comatose. I presume there was a range to this effect.

That is why the darkness will be returning. That is why it shall “finish what it started”.

But - there are other victims too I presume. Perhaps we are fighting them, because they aren't stealing (in some cases) but running (A-la Humans In Halo Lore vs the Flood).
---

Even the game play elements are part of the story? If so - now you are doing what I would have done anyway Bungie. I am intrigued.

I think you're on point with all of this. The Fallen having claimed (or at least touched) all of our worlds makes so much more sense. And their contempt for us, humanity having been wiped out, makes that much more sense as well. If they're survivors, their houses having been crushed, and them on the run and scraping by on piracy, surely they'd see us with some kind of contempt for having to be resurrected.

~m

EDIT: Furthermore, I would speculate that with the presence of life grows the power of the Traveller. A feedback loop, of sorts. If we as Guardians of life are able to establish a foothold of the living on Earth, perhaps that will help to "recharge" the Traveller, for lack of a better term. It would make sense, then, to postulate that our reach in the galaxy would expand accordingly in future releases.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread