Agreed (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:21 (3576 days ago) @ Kermit

I like gray areas, too! The nature of (great) literature is ambiguity. (Too much gray, though, and it becomes really difficult to tell a meaningful story.) Another danger of having all humans be ghosts is the potential for this to be a gotcha story, where the twist feels like a cheat. That said, I get what you mean and I agree. Seems like they're going for classic archetypes right now. Black and white. That's a valuable approach that I don't have a problem with. What I've seen of the factions, though, hints that this is a complex world, one in which there is room to get muddy without messing with the basic formula. They've also got ten years to work with.

Agree on all points.

I would hope that if the story I like best so far in my head is anywhere near correct, it wouldn't be a Sixth Sense kind of gotcha. It would be revealed relatively early on and cause development in the plot as the new(re)born Humanity argues amongst itself as to whether we should stay in the service of the Traveller or strike out on our own, etc.

I think the only real grey area I see right now is the origin of the Traveller. And maybe the Queen of the Reef.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread