Ghost Fragment: The Dark Age (Destiny)

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 04:47 (3601 days ago) @ Xenos

I've been looking everywhere for dead ghosts the last couple days. Still, I think this is the only ghost fragment I've found that hasn't been redacted on the alpha site. Are there others?

Ghost Fragment: The Dark Age

“No one knew what had happened to the Traveler. No one understood what had happened to the world. But they heard the whispered call.”

They came from the wild lands, gathering in secret enclaves, slipping through the howling ruins of shattered cities, hoping to find the coast, find a ship, pick up the trail of an impossible dream.

From the deep black came the Awoken, their eyes haunted. Exos marched in the refugee columns, cloaked in moss and shattered memories. And among them came the Ghosts, beginning their search. It was a time of vast suffering and terrible evil. But there was one hope: the promise of a refuge beneath the Traveler.

Vague imagery from the aftermath of the collapse. The Ghosts "beginning their search" for whom? Human survivors? Dead warriors suitable for reanimation? What happened to the Awoken in the "deep black"?

The Awoken card is interesting as well.

Race: Awoken

"The others sing this song of Light and Dark. We, together, have transcended such unimaginative limitations."

It is said that the Awoken were born in the Collapse, descended from those who tried to flee its wrath. Something happened to them out on the edge of the deep black, and they were forever changed.

Today many Awoken live in the distant Reef, aloof and mysterious. But others returned to Earth, where their descendants now fight for the City.

Earthborn Awoken sometimes venture out to the Reef, hoping to learn its secrets - but find no special welcome from the reclusive Queen.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread