Agreed (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:50 (3598 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think the only real grey area I see right now is the origin of the Traveller. And maybe the Queen of the Reef.

~m

Heh. Let your eyes get used to the light level first.

How about this one: These races we're striking out against are not evil, they are desperate and scared! They too have been attacked by The Darkness and have either built a huge military machine to combat it (Cabal), fled from it (Fallen), taken extraordinary measures to save themselves (Vex and time travel), or were forced to embrace it (Hive). And now after searching so long for something to save them (The Traveler) they find it half dead orbiting a Darkness defeated world protected by ghostly warriors! Worse, all these other races are trying to beat their race to the prize! Instead of a Covenant of largely evil enemies, perhaps Humanity is fighting against races in great need.

or

Guardians and Fallen both seem to have souls. It's not unreasonable to think that perhaps the Vex aren't entirely mechanical. The Hive seem creepy and almost undead. Who knows what the Cabal are really like. What if instead of this being Humanity's epic struggle to take back our stolen system this is instead a solar system sized chess largely fought light and dark using infinitely respanawable pawns?!

I like your first scenario better. Though I'm thinking the Vex could be far future mechanisms sent back (possibly by a civilization overcome by the Darkness) to change events in their past to keep the Darkness from spreading. They could see any efforts by other races in Destiny's time as irrelevant, being that they already know the outcome, and are therefore willing to kill with impunity. And hence why efforts to communicate with them have invariably failed.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread