Agreed (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:50 (3576 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm confused. Are you saying humanity is wiped out and resurrected or just the guardians are resurrected? You seem to be saying both things, and they aren't the same.

Ah, well, I guess I like the idea that we were at least wiped from Earth, but it doesn't really appear that that's the case. Because yes, it seems the Guardians are the only ones that get that privilege, and there are still normal humans walking around doing their thing.

Though honestly, were I the one writing, I feel it would be more compelling (not to mention much more poignant) that we really were all dead, and the Traveller could only save itself (and life altogether) in a last-ditch play by resurrecting us. Our whole existence from that point would be because of the Traveller. We'd have to reclaim a civilization that we, in the end, really didn't have any right to, being dead.

Or one could argue we did have that right; the Darkness being a jerk and robbing us of life, and the Traveller would just be doing the best it could, which really wouldn't be the same as preserving our lives, despite all its power.

That would start to grey things up in a way that I like. Humanity would be this kind of puppet in the service of the Traveller, not really having an independent life of its own, but serving the Light in its renewed spread across the galaxy.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread