Is D2 Anti-Fun? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 21:14 (2349 days ago) @ squidnh3

The shortest way I can explain how I feel about Destiny 2 is that it feels like it was designed for all the people that were ambivalent about Destiny 1. And then all the changes that were made were specifically at the expense of the things people who loved Destiny 1 were the most passionate about.

Care to elaborate?

As I see it, Destiny 2 is smart enough to just get out of its own way. It gives you mostly everything up front, no grinding required, and that's literally the best thing it could have done.

I understand unoudid's complaints with splitting fireteams oddly because of 4v4 PvP, but it's worth that price for me. I've had more fun in Destiny 2 PvP than I ever did with Destiny 1. I like 4v4, and I don't think it shouldn't be 4v4 just because it's messy to split a 6 man raid group down.

It seems like there's a split between the folks that want to just play Destiny forever, and those that are okay with putting it down after they've seen everything. At the risk of coming off as a little Calus (boooooooooo!), I don't honestly care all that much about the former group, when designing a game for them inherently makes it worse for the latter. As usual, we have the play for loot v. play for fun debate here, which I'm not interested in having anymore.

I dunno, I'm not particularly bothered either way. I just hate thinking about how a lot of folks feel about Destiny 2 and want to see a return to the shitty grindfest of Destiny 1 with random guns and god rolls, and I honestly hope Bungie ignores all of those people.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread