I have never seen someone take something so out of context. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 08:24 (2348 days ago) @ Funkmon

I don't think they are, unless you make them. In Destiny, you used whatever heavy you had and then finally got your Guggenheim. In Destiny 2, you use whatever heavy you have and then finally you'll die of old age. You never get the high mark.

You just described Destiny as a game that required you to get 1 good heavy weapon to be good. They finally changed that in D2, I'm so happy that they did.

You see, what I actually did was describe an accurate experience for many people who use the Gimsøya, and an accurate experience for those who play Destiny 2. If we continue on in my post, to the very next sentence...

In Destiny 1, it's not like you were forced to use, by and large, bad rocket launchers with inconsistent blast radius, 1 rocket in the chamber, and no alternative for high DPS. You had a fairly good rocket launcher the whole time.

This is the exact opposite of what you said in your first paragraph.

In fact, I just said the point of the post. The previous set of sentences was the foundation on which this needs to be built. I'm not always the best at communicating, but one literally follows the other. Let me use the exact structure but a different subject.

I have to say that I find it really funny that the one example you use is different grades of pencils in public schools (I assume) to someone who grew up being home schooled and didn't know there were different kinds of fancy pencils :D Also that your title is false, this is DBO after all!

Either way, after rereading it several times, I believe I get what you are saying.

At School 1, you used whatever pencil you had and then finally got your Bic Stic. In School 2, you use whatever pencil you have and then finally you'll die of old age. You never get the high mark.

I read this as you are a kid (gamer) from School 1 (Destiny 1) who used whatever pencil (rocket launcher) because he had to. Because what he really wanted was his Bic Stic (GHorn) and all the other pencils were stepping stones to his Bic Stic.

In School 2 (Destiny 2), you use whatever pencil you have because that is what you are given and then you finally die (are done playing). You never get the high mark (Bic Stic?).

So after rereading this a couple times I realize that you are saying that both schools (games) are identical other than School 1 (D1) has something to look forward to and hope to acquire which is the Bic Stic (GHorn). I disagree with this as it relates to both games because if you took the Ghorn away from D1, both games wouldn't be the same. The spread of D2 rocket launchers are used in variety because they are all good for what they do and there are multiples in their category. I D1, the base rocket launchers were okay, but they were so out shined by a very select amount of rocket launchers, Ghorn being one of them.

In School 1, it's not like you were forced to use, by and large, pencils made of infected heroin needles and coals made of your favourite books, burnt as punishment for looking out a window [something we all know is common at School 2]. You had a fairly good pencil the whole time.

Surely, in this situation, you would know that the paragraph before the one about the quality of the pencils is simply information about the pencil progression in the two schools.

The reason I said what I said is because I didn't understand what you were truly saying until you gave another example that I still had to reread a couple times. How I should have read it the first time was like this:

In Destiny 1, [sarcasm] it's not like you were forced to use, by and large, bad rocket launchers with inconsistent blast radius, 1 rocket in the chamber, and no alternative for high DPS. [/sarcasm] You had a fairly good rocket launcher the whole time.

If I had known it was meant to sound like this, I wouldn't have said it was exactly the opposite of your first paragraph. And the reason I was actually considering you were serious is because I didn't realize you were using sarcasm on the internet in text. That is a great way for your point to be misconstrued.

School 1: good pencil, eventually Bic Stic. At this point you are free to choose good pencils or Bic Stic. I, as I have said elsewhere and have said for years, rarely used the Bic Stic. I used a set of Field Scout Double Surplus pencils that never ran out of lead.

School 2: infected pencil, eventually nothing. At this point you are free to choose one infected with chlamydia, the best of the infections available.

I now realize you were just saying that D1 rocket launchers were pretty decent and you could use most of the pretty decent rocket launchers until you got to use the awesome Ghorn. D2 on the other hand does not have great rocket launchers and even worse is that you don't even have an awesome Ghorn to look forward to. You start with bad rocket launchers and die with them.

I agree that it's good to have something good to look forward to. I don't think it's a good thing that that awesome rocket launcher is the end all of rocket launchers. I also disagree that D2 has nothing to look forward to and has a bunch of crappy rocket launchers. I personally heard about the raid rocket launcher and really wanted it, so I played the raid and eventually got it without grinding for it. I know there are other good rockets out there because I am constantly killed by them in PvP :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread