Some Elaboration (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 09:30 (2348 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The shortest way I can explain how I feel about Destiny 2 is that it feels like it was designed for all the people that were ambivalent about Destiny 1. And then all the changes that were made were specifically at the expense of the things people who loved Destiny 1 were the most passionate about.

Care to elaborate?

I understand unoudid's complaints with splitting fireteams oddly because of 4v4 PvP, but it's worth that price for me. I've had more fun in Destiny 2 PvP than I ever did with Destiny 1. I like 4v4, and I don't think it shouldn't be 4v4 just because it's messy to split a 6 man raid group down.

Well, here's one. I loved Y1 Destiny PvP. Played tons of Halo multiplayer for years and years, got Destiny, and it blew my mind. The rhythm and pace of the game were just so incredible, you could pull off the craziest things. It was wonderful chaos, but not just random chaos, it was also competitive. When Trials came out it took things to even another level.

Then, for the past 3 years, Bungie has been slowing things down and making things worse, until we get to Destiny 2. It's been obvious where this is going for a long time, so it's not like I'm surprised, but I am disappointed and confused that Bungie's vision for what Destiny PvP "is" doesn't really resemble what I originally fell in love with.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread