I have never seen someone take something so out of context. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 07:36 (2348 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I don't think they are, unless you make them. In Destiny, you used whatever heavy you had and then finally got your Guggenheim. In Destiny 2, you use whatever heavy you have and then finally you'll die of old age. You never get the high mark.

You just described Destiny as a game that required you to get 1 good heavy weapon to be good. They finally changed that in D2, I'm so happy that they did.

You see, what I actually did was describe an accurate experience for many people who use the Gimsøya, and an accurate experience for those who play Destiny 2. If we continue on in my post, to the very next sentence...

In Destiny 1, it's not like you were forced to use, by and large, bad rocket launchers with inconsistent blast radius, 1 rocket in the chamber, and no alternative for high DPS. You had a fairly good rocket launcher the whole time.

This is the exact opposite of what you said in your first paragraph.

In fact, I just said the point of the post. The previous set of sentences was the foundation on which this needs to be built. I'm not always the best at communicating, but one literally follows the other. Let me use the exact structure but a different subject.

At School 1, you used whatever pencil you had and then finally got your Bic Stic. In School 2, you use whatever pencil you have and then finally you'll die of old age. You never get the high mark.

In School 1, it's not like you were forced to use, by and large, pencils made of infected heroin needles and coals made of your favourite books, burnt as punishment for looking out a window [something we all know is common at School 2]. You had a fairly good pencil the whole time.

Surely, in this situation, you would know that the paragraph before the one about the quality of the pencils is simply information about the pencil progression in the two schools.

School 1: good pencil, eventually Bic Stic. At this point you are free to choose good pencils or Bic Stic. I, as I have said elsewhere and have said for years, rarely used the Bic Stic. I used a set of Field Scout Double Surplus pencils that never ran out of lead.

School 2: infected pencil, eventually nothing. At this point you are free to choose one infected with chlamydia, the best of the infections available.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread