But the prestige man... (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 05:01 (2348 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think some people invested not in their character, but invested in the eliteness of their character. That is to say having that perfect Grasp or Fellwinters made them feel both unique and powerful, and they misconstrued the long playtime to obtain such items as equivalent to skill or worth.

D2 eliminates lots of the prestige. It's random, so you can get most items by luck. This is also very frustrating, because you can't spend a weekend grinding a perfect grasp or rerolling your fellwinters (full disclosure - I never got a Fellwinter's drop or a Matador).

The teamshotting in crucible is very reminiscent of Halo, and as we have similar TTK it's too be expected. It's much the same as late game Trials of Osiris, where team shotting was king once snipers were nerfed. It's too be expected, and is the end result of the high end crucible players wanting to eliminate the shotgun/sniper/melee meta that they felt allowed unskilled players to defeat higher skilled players. really you had this same feeling in 6v6 death balls, but more common supers meant that it was also more dangerous.

Bungie could do things to break up the groups. Larger grenade radii, more weapons that induce status effects and such. More speed. I feel they also need to do something about auto rifles, as Uriels is too good at range compared to any other weapon. It's just too easy to disengage at range, and getting up close is very risky. With 3 melee's needed to kill, it's just to hard to get into a group and do any thing. Theoretically, this is where the arkstrider blind punch should shine, but bungie intentionally made that not work in crucible.

So I think they leaned too heavily into the "pro" and sweaty players for feedback, and D2 reflects that type of game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread