Some base clarifications (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 08:01 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

Let me start out by saying that I think as a whole D2 at its core is a fun game. It just might not end up being a game for me though, time will tell on this.

There have been some great changes made to the game that I think is a net positive. Weapons being fully leveled from the start is a great example of this. Weapon quests are also a great change.

The feel of the game is still the same as it was in D1 which is great. The movement is very natural feeling and is still fun after 3+ years of playing.

My comparison of D1 to D2 comes down to this. D1 was an exciting, yet abusive relationship. There were all sorts of highs and lows. And even though things were bad at times, there was always a glimmer of hope as to what it could be. We worked towards making things better, and while there was change, it just was never enough. Now with D2, we are in a nice easy relationship after years of an abusive relationship. Sure, we are happy that things are better in some regards, but all in all its boring and not exciting. Another example would be D1 being bi-polar, and D2 is the same bi-polar person but on lithium to level everything out.

I just feel that D2 has swung too far to the "Everyone's a winner" side of things and has just handed out participation trophies to everyone. They took a lot of excitement from the game in order to make everyone happy.

I'm honestly hoping for the best of both worlds and for there to be a good middle ground. This might end up being in Destiny 3 though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread