Exactly. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 22:57 (2348 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Funkmon, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 23:13

Fatebringer (which is a piece of loot) was fun. You didn't have to have it, though. I didn't for a long time, and didn't mind. I never felt the real push to get it, other than knowing it was a thing I could get if I kept playing. I never played intending to get that gun. I didn't use a Gyllenhaal constantly either; I preferred running double surplus field scout machine guns and snipers, and my main hand cannon was a Timur's Lash.

None of you ran that setup, and my game was different, perhaps exceptionally so, than yours. I didn't use an ammo synth for like 8 months. I could play my way, using random rolls I liked of wildly different guns. Destiny 2 makes me play Bungie's way, using roughly samey guns, getting ammo at roughly samey times.

Destiny 2 largely removes that loop, and that is purely a good thing, IMO. The problem, as you described, is that none of the weapons in Destiny 2 match the more crazy and fun weapons in Destiny 1 in terms of the pure enjoyment they add to the experience.

This is how it makes no sense to me. Destiny 2 removes the loop by removing the guns. Is Destiny 1 better if it was identical but the guns were worse and there were no good raid guns? Of course not.

I don't see how adding difficult to get, but really fun, guns hurts the experience.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread