Some personal clarifications (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 09:20 (2348 days ago) @ unoudid

Let me start out by saying that I think as a whole D2 at its core is a fun game. It just might not end up being a game for me though, time will tell on this.

Just a heads up, you probably shouldn't create a thread titled "Is D2 anti-fun" and then go on about how it's not fun if you actually think as a whole and at its core D2 is a fun game. It really makes it hard for, at least me, to even approach it.

Because when I read that title I just immediately went "woah, I already don't believe anything that is going to be said." Maybe that's just me, but that kind of a negative wording is quite powerful and can construe your actual point.

I've tried to think of a better way to word this for awhile but it's just what keeps coming back in my mind. I also worded it as a question instead of a statement. Now if I had said "D2 IS Anti-Fun" I would be expecting a full backlash against anything I had to say. I wanted this to be more of a talking point for the group than me just railing on the game.

The core game is still the same, just a ton of decisions that were made for the game development has deliberately taken the fun out of the game for me (maybe not you). I fall into the realm of a parent upset with their kid who just did something stupid... "I'm not mad at you, just disappointed".

I just wanted to inform you that I didn't want you to think you did a horrible thing to make this topic, making sure you knew that it could be construed as a very hardlined topic.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread