Too Big to Fail (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 15:41 (2932 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

No offense, but your indie dev friends disagree because they probably don't work for ID or Platinum. The indie developers that make the most impact are the ones with the most resources.

His background work actually came from Borderlands 2, Battlefield 2, Homefront and Myth 3. So again, I think he would disagree.

And where doe she work now? I'm not questioning his credentials. Look at the team behind Golem. Industry giants, but I don't think lasting hopes for that game are so good.

I actually don't know :-) I guess I shouldn't have said "Friend" I just have talked and helped him test his indie game for the last 6 months or so. So I know some of his history as well. And one of the big topics is how a game can define a genre and/or create a new genre and how you market that. It's a tough job for an indie game, but it's totally doable!

It's doable, but much less so than in the past. I think Quantic Dream did it, but they also spent millions of dollars doing so. I can't really think of any more recent examples.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread