Too Big to Fail (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 17:10 (2940 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Which, unfortunately, is just going to make this conversation devolve into a Bad Cody/Good Cody argument, instead of an interesting discussion about game design theory. :(

Even if Korny is 100% right (which I am not sure about, since I don't know what he is using as his example), I am allowed to grow and change my mind as I learn. His point is completely meaningless in the scheme of things and has no bearing on game design (which as you say is the interesting question here). This idea that I am firm and unwavering regarding truth isn't correct. I've changed my stance on many many things over the years, in part due to posts by people like Leviathan and yourself.

Heh. I actually appreciate that - it's nice to see you acknowledge when you've been convinced by other arguments. :) What I meant by 'absolute' wasn't so much 'I don't change my mind' but more what Kermit has tried to explain to you over the years - it's the WAY you say things, more than WHAT you say, that sets certain people off. I've been asked, many times, why you aren't permabanned from every b.org forum there is, and the answer, past "we don't really do that to ANYONE", is that you DO enjoy conversations, and you DO learn from people who argue with you... even though the way you present your argument makes it really sound like you don't. You've always been a content over presentation type of guy, and I actually appreciate that... but the downside is, you'll be judged harshly by folks who don't appreciate the (lack of) presentation and aren't really willing to listen to the content because of that.

::shrug:: This is nothing new. We've had this conversation many times. I'm simply clarifying because of your last two sentences above.

Just have a coding wizard work up a plugin to translate all my posts into Kermit speak, and I'd say problem solved. :-p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread