Good Cody, Bad Cody (Gaming)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, April 07, 2016, 01:02 (2939 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Which, unfortunately, is just going to make this conversation devolve into a Bad Cody/Good Cody argument, instead of an interesting discussion about game design theory. :(

Even if Korny is 100% right (which I am not sure about, since I don't know what he is using as his example), I am allowed to grow and change my mind as I learn.

Good Cody! In order to grow, and change your mind as you learn, you need to admit at each and every step that what you know or think you know right now may be wrong.

His point is completely meaningless in the scheme of things and has no bearing on game design (which as you say is the interesting question here).

Bad Cody. I love how you literally pulled a Jekyll-and-Hyde moment in the same paragraph. How do you not have whiplash after writing that?

This idea that I am firm and unwavering regarding truth isn't correct. I've changed my stance on many many things over the years, in part due to posts by people like Leviathan and yourself.

You are absolutely firm and unwavering regarding the truth you think you know at the time, right up until you change it, whereupon you because completely intransigent in your new position and abandon the old one, either pretending that the change never happened, or chalking it up to character-building and kissing ass, as you do above.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread