I can't get into modern television. (Off-Topic)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, January 21, 2018, 20:39 (2285 days ago) @ Coaxkez

I've also never seen GoT and also agree that "watching tv" could be a full time hobby. My wife and I used to get into shows and series...but then we had a kid so our tv time is limited to 1 show per night, usually. We also don't feel like getting emotionally invested in stuff, we would rather veg out to something brainless. Competition reality shows have become our bread and butter.

(Channels listed below was how we consumed it.)

Face Off - SyFy - Makeup artists create movie costumes and makeups
Skin Wars - Netflix - Body painting competition
Project Runway - Lifetime/Hulu - Fashion designers act dramatic and sometimes make clothes.
Chopped - Food/Hulu - Chefs are given random ingredients and minimal time to make gourmet meals.
Master Chef - Fox/Hulu - Gordan Ramsey yells at amateur chefs and everything is way too dramatic.
Forged in Fire - History - Blacksmiths are tasked with making swords and various weapons using random stuff.
Top Shot - History/Good luck finding it because "guns" - Marksmen shooters use various weapons in various skills challenges to declare who is the "top shooter."
Broken Skull Challenge - CMT - Stone Cold Steve Austin yells at a bunch of lunks while they compete head to head in muddy crossfit competitions.
Steampunke'd - ??? - People turn regular things into Steampunk things. It wasn't that great but if you like steampunk stuff, you might dig it.
King of the Nerds - ??? - This was a guilty pleasure. It wasn't a good show but worth a laugh. I'm not one to nerdshame but these were some odd cats.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread