I can't get into modern television. (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 07:05 (2284 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 07:46

Breaking Bad is indeed excellent, including the best episode of TV ever made (Ozymandias).

Everybody says that, but the Season 3 finale had me physically shaking because it was so tense. I had no idea how Walt would make it out. But by season 5, you could kind of see the beats coming.

Also a good episode.

For the show finale, we did a 'pick em', where you listed each character, whether they would live or die, and if they die who would kill them. I got every one correct.

The last few episodes were fairly predictable, and I guess you could say Ozymandias was, too, but that's not a gripe. What made the show great was that the arc was envisioned from the beginning, and Gilligan stuck to it (that's not usually how TV series work if they're popular). If you had named the show "The Fall of Walter White," it would have been a completely accurate title but not as dramatic. Ozymandias was a culmination of everything before, the moment when WW lost his connection to his family, which (he thought) was his driving motivation. And it was expertly written, paced, and directed. Whodathunk that same director would go on to ruin Star Wars? ;-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread