Super-late (Off-Topic)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 11:51 (2275 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Feel free to keep them coming if you've got more, but I'm already overwhelmed again!

I've decided on checking out Mr. Robot this weekend, and then after that I am interested to try one of the "serious business" character dramas a la Breaking Bad.

I meant to jump in earlier, but didn't.

Now that you're overwhelmed, let me add some specific suggestions, instead of general ones.

Since you have Amazon Prime video, I'm sticking to that.

Here are some shows that I've found to be good, and that are shorter than, say, Breaking Bad (5-6 seasons, depending on how you count) - these are all 1-3 seasons, so it's less of an investment.

Goliath (Billy Bob Thornton is a burnt-out lawyer) - one season, with a second on its way.
Sneaky Pete - just started this, pretty great. One season, with a second on its way
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - this is fantastic. One season, with a second on its way
Catastrophe - British sitcom, 3 seasons, fourth on its way, but they're half-hour eps, so easy to burn through. Hilarious.
Good Girls Revolt - a period piece looking at the news magazine industry in the 60s (think Mad Men-like) - one season, weakest of this list, still good

Amazon has some great stuff. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread