I can't get into modern television. (Off-Topic)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, January 22, 2018, 07:16 (2280 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Based on your likes you mentioned these might not be a category you like, but they're some that I've enjoyed lately.

Turn: Washington's Spies - Based on an excellent book by Alexander Rose. It's about a spy ring that opperated out of New York during the American Revolution. While it is based on actual people and events, they play loose with history in some spots in order to build drama, but it's worth it for the season ending payoffs. I thought the writing and pacing were great, and it has plenty of memorable moments. It's 4 seasons long and finished last year.

Vikings - Don't watch it for a history lesson, but the characters are great (even if they actually didn't live in the same century). And who doesn't love big Viking battles?

Fargo - Like the movie, it dips into dark humor. Each season is a separate setting and story, but they do cross reference each other. Season 1 is great, mainly because Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman are fun to watch together. Season 2 was good with a twist I enjoyed but another twist that I thoight was maybe too far out there. I have had Season 3 all ready to go for a long while, but just haven't found time to watch it. I'm waiting on the right moment to binge watch it all the way through.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread