I can't get into modern television. (Off-Topic)

by Earendil, Sunday, January 21, 2018, 23:42 (2280 days ago) @ Coaxkez

Caveat, I'm married and 90% of my television watching is with my wife. So with that I'll group them into those categories.
The other categories are whether we are stressed out and want to watch a stressed out drama vs a more "silly" show. So I'll mark shows accordingly. Just in case, these are my views not my wife's ;-)

Me and the wife:

Suits - Stresser, inteligent, awesome, 45 minutes

Game of Thrones - Yes, we watch it. It's really solid. It's a stresser/drama. But I have no problem meeting other people, getting to know them, and never recommending this show.

Supergirl - light hearted, fun, 45 minutes

The Flash - light hearted, fun, 45 minutes

Psych - Really light hearted/funny, we both watch. Often a nightcap if we can do 45 minutes

Silicon Valley - Straight comedy, often a nightcap if we can only do 22 minutes

Big Bang Theory - Straight comedy, often a nightcap if we can only do 22 minutes

The Ranch - Straight comedy, often a nightcap if we can only do 22 minutes

Solo shows:

The Arrow - Another DC comic show (along with Supergirl and The Flash) but more violent. It's a good background watching time killer.

House of Cards - Heavy, drama, and you have to tolerate politics (which my wife doesn't do well), but incredible acting and writing. Certain earned every award it's received.

The Expanse - Solid modern science-fi that Xenos and I both love, but for completely different reasons :)

Fate/Stay Night - Anime, English dubbed. I'm not a HUGE anime fan but I've watched maybe 4 complete anime shows over time. This one (so far) has some great writing, such that watching previous episodes actually reveals things I should have caught the first time around... and I pride myself on never missing clues.

Discovery (watch with brother) - The newest Star Trek. Love it. Can go into details or can trade blows if you want to come to Seattle :-)

Agents of Shield (watch with friend) - Solid start, meh middle ground, intriguing current season. Lacking a friend that cares the first few seasons make for a good background show. For example I watched Seasons 1 and 2 while playing Civilization :-)

Feel free to inquire about any particular show. In the mean time I'm going to go reconsider life decisions considering how many shows I watch...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread