Kind sir, you are doing me a boggle. (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 10:09 (2256 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I am with Cody regarding SW and politics. I can’t say i either agree or disagree with your assessment of Leia v. Rey as feminist role models (albeit account for a variety of things in 201X she provides a lot of things to young girls which far eclipse what Leia would give them now) as that is an essay in itself.

For one thing, the character of Leia seemed like a real person with a real personality.

Nor could Hamill, apparently, but I didn't find that out until later.

But this? He has explicitly stated that he was wrong and the movie was better for it. No, it was not the Luke he had imagined, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t who Luke would or should have become. (It also parallels through the OT and PT with the folly of bloodlines and reiterates that Luke is still a person - underscores it - because it was an important character step beyond what he was at the end of RotJ.)

Of course Luke is still a person with flaws and all. I didn't say Luke could not become who he was in The Last Jedi. I said, in effect, that the line between his character in TLJ and his character before wasn't sufficiently drawn. I maintain that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread