Kind sir, you are doing me a boggle. (Off-Topic)

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 20:08 (2283 days ago) @ bluerunner

- Bombers that have to fly directly "over" a ship to drop bombs? . . .

It is a little ridiculous. I mean, SW has almost always played the "Aircraft and Naval ships: IN SPACE" card pretty hard so I suspend disbelief. But it is not tactically sensible.

- What was the point of looking for the guy with the lapel pin if they can get just some random drunk to crack the codes? . . .

I think that was why she was having a "Union Dispute" so that she could be pre-occupied when providing info. If she wasn't she said she could have done it. Also, plot contrivance to include DJ. (More on that in a moment.)

- Apparently the guy on the big First Order ship that mans the radar was playing Galaga . . .

They specifically identify that the transports are cloaked and that means that a broad scan with the instruments, focused on the larger ships, won't notice them, they are at a range where the First Order's weapons are negligible to cruisers. It isn't until DJ sells them out (after overhearing the conversation between Finn and Poe and them getting caught) that the First Order starts actively scanning for transports.

- Finn's about to be all noble and sacrafice himself to save his friends . . .

I can understand this interpretation. But I felt the purpose is to reorient him away from doing it because he hates the first order, which overrides his protective actions.

- Put a shirt on Kylo Ren . . .

But how else would we establish with the reverse cutaways in a clear concise way that they can, in fact, see each other and that they are not imaginary manifestations? At least this post wasn't accompanied with the Kylo Green Milk comic.

I'll be honest. Some of these things got on my nerves more (mostly the Canto Bight stuff and the initial space battle) during my first viewing but have mellowed after the subsequent viewings. Definitely not perfect, and I have a few beeves myself with it. But, eh.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread