Kind sir, you are doing me a boggle. (Off-Topic)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 19:35 (2278 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I also sort of feel like people get too hung up on the details. I wouldn't tell anyone they're wrong for doing so, but most of the arguments against this new trilogy are equally true for the original trilogy. That feels like a stupid thing to argue, though, and honestly, the whole debate comes off as a little silly the more often I see it.

Since you mentioned it, here's the details that really hung up on me. Spoilers ahead.

- Bombers that have to fly directly "over" a ship to drop bombs? How does that make any sense in space? Lightning McQueen already blew up all the turrets, so why not lob them from a safe distance? They couldn't have shot all the bombs before they hit the ship.

- What was the point of looking for the guy with the lapel pin if they can get just some random drunk to crack the codes? If ol' what's her face that had Luke's lightsaber in TFA knew the guy with the lapel pin, why didn't she just tell them his name, or even give them his number instead of some random article of clothing he might have on. If you said to me "Hey, Blue, we need this safe opened to get this antidote or we're all going to die in the next 24 hours", and I say "Cool, there's a guy in Las Vegas who can open it. He's wearing green pants" you would be demanding a lot more information.

- Apparently the guy on the big First Order ship that mans the radar was playing Galaga and not noticing all these ships flying off to that nearby planet that nobody noticed until the last 15 minutes.

- Finn and his new girlfriend have a feel good time sticking it to those rich snobs and stealing those not-horses, but I just assumed they were all recaptured or shot from the air the next morning.

- Finn's about to be all noble and sacrafice himself to save his friends. I better wrecklessly crash my ship into his, potentially killing him anyway and negating his sacrafice for the off chance I can give him a kiss.

- I like Laura Dern, but purple hair Laura Dern got on my nerves.

- Put a shirt on Kylo Ren. You're not going to get a force connected makeout session.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread