Kind sir, you are doing me a boggle. (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 11:35 (2255 days ago) @ stabbim

Part of that is the muddying of waters with how legend!Luke is spoken of during TFA and even with all the build up and the ending is sort of throws a loop for his progression. I don’t, personally, feel that is the fault of TLJ, but I also don’t know where I would peg fault with it elsewhere.

I don't think it IS a fault in progression TBH. It's the point - those legends were just whatever other people thought/expected Luke to be. The fault is in assuming that those tales were reality.

I don't even remember what exactly they said about him in TFA, so that doesn't factor in to what I'm talking about. I'm talking only about Luke Skywalker as his character is revealed in the first three movies. THAT character is inconsistent with Luke in TLJ. He certainly could have become that character, but not enough information is given to convince me. The in-between Luke that is shown is already out of character. It doesn't make sense that the character who faced Darth Vader while also giving him a shot at redemption is ready to murder his nephew in this sleep because of a vibe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread