Wavesplitter was a bug, Pinnacle weapons also disabled... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 10:22 (1840 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is technically breaking a major system of their game.

Is it? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Pinnacle weapons come masterworked and dismantle into a lot of cores. You can keep acquiring the same gun over and over from the vendor. So you buy, dismantle, buy dismantle etc. That's how it works right?

No, Pinnacle weapons can only be acquired once per character. Once you dismantle it, it's gone.

The exploit was limited to people who completed the quest before the update but didn't pick up the weapon until after the update went live. Only they were able to pick it back up, and there is absolutely no way for anyone else to replicate that exploit.

How is that any different than buying a ton of simulation seeds, and going to brother vance? Unless I am mistaken about how it works, it seems like it's the same thing really.

It's not breaking the system so much as just using it to your advantage. How is this an 'exploit'? Is trading in simulation seeds an exploit since you can basically get all the shards you spent on them back in the loot you acquire?

Enhancement Cores are just a garbage system that is designed to gatekeep your gear from the endgame content. They really need to let you upgrade your weapons through use/challenges/mods instead of a stupidly regulated infusion economy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread