Probably should read ALL replies before jumping in, but... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 17:37 (1814 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Let me clarify that a little more: we're not talking about a game-breaking exploit that a player found - we're talking about a bug introduced by Bungie to FIX A PROBLEM THAT DIDN'T REALLY EXIST. The way they set things up, you could earn 7*(X-1) cores when finishing a pinnacle weapon quest, where X is the number of characters you run. (This is assuming you actually want a copy of the weapon, of course.) So we're talking between 0-14 cores, total, available ONLY to people who've finished a difficult optional quest.

I'm confused again. There's talk of people cheesing their ways to thousands of cores. Is that innacruate? If people really were generating 5,000+ enhancement cores, would that lessen your anger?

As usual, I'm all for banning players who willing exploit the game. If all this was over an additional 14 cores, then yeah, Bungie overreacted. If people really were getting over 2,000 cores, then I am glad Bungie cut things off for less than a week to solve things:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread