Probably should read ALL replies before jumping in, but... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 21:36 (1841 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You know what won't help at all, though? Being an ass to people who only agree with you 95%.

Really? That's all you seem to do!

I did absolutely nothing to insult you, and I got some passive aggressive bullshit in response.

The irony of you coming at me for "dismissing your opinion" while at the same time telling Cody to get back to you when he has a reasonable argument is astounding.

Cody pretending that someone would have to read Bungie's mind or they wouldn't realize that generating thousands of Enhancement Cores wasn't a normal part of the game when nothing even remotely close was possible before is not a "reasonable argument." Engaging him on that was not even remotely worth it. It's laughable and desperate that you're falling back to that.

Look, we both agree that the situation with enhancement cores is not good... where "not good" means it along with Power Level is killing the game. Where we differ is you seem to think that any and all actions are justified because of it, where as I don't. Sure, it's just a game, and the effects of this particular cheese don't have much effect on me. But the culture of cheesing and exploiting most certainly has and does. For example, I do not enjoy cheesing my way through a Raid, but doing so has long been not only the accepted way for most to run Raids, it has often been the only way anybody was interested in.

I enjoyed the Vault of Glass Oracles and Confluxes sequence, and yet the default strategy even among DBOers became sniping them from well beyond the play space. Similarly, I enjoyed the Abyss section of Crota's End and the only the fly teamwork it required to get a whole team across, and yet it eventually became everyone holding back while a single cloaked Hunter walked the entire path with zero excitement.

It goes on and on, this culture of "if you can cheese it, do so!" poisons the game for those of us who would like a challenge and who enjoy teamwork or a challenge or heck, just enjoy getting to play with friends longer rather than shorter. It poisons PVP too, but there's almost nobody that's going to argue that a player using an emote to merge into a wall was ok.

If content is too hard or unforgiving (Riven boss fight) or the grind is too great (Enhancement Cores) I'd far prefer Bungie fix it than circumventing things. Is my position really a "Ah, so nothing. Got it." level of unreasonable?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread