Wavesplitter was a bug, Pinnacle weapons also disabled... (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 12:16 (1843 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t expect perfection.

I do expect a basic amount of respect for player’s time, which is something Bungie really struggles with. This is just another straw, another mark against.

It’s not that I don’t have empathy for them. I have no doubts that they have a whole heap of bullshit to deal with. It’s just that most of these problems are of their own making, and I have very little sympathy for a player-hostile decision in response to a bug that came about due to another player-hostile attempt at “fixing” a non-issue, which was only a problem due to Bungie’s asinine insistence at keeping a restrictive progression system in place.

And I can accept that view coming from what you have said. I don't however tend to treat generalizations or lumping in your experience as mine. Or assume information about things. I'm not saying you have done all of this, but I have seen it and it really irks me. I also don't believe in blame placed or voiced completely on one source. We all make choices, and you have stated above that choice to play Destiny is slowly being wittled down. Again, I can respect that choice. I just know that overall what people think of Destiny is not what I see. And I can only tell myself that what is being said is "your opinion" before I have to make a stand and say, no, you are lumping all players into this demonization of Bungie, a developer of a game I really enjoy. I can admit they have faults and maybe some need to be addressed, but I won't just debase a game like that.

I honestly hope it gets better for you. I'm sorry if I was forceful or rude. I don't mean to offend, but everyone has a breaking point.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread