I finally got it straight (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:49 (1355 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:59

I'm under the impression that by 2021 we'll see games announced that won't support OG XBox One. And hell quickly after that, games that, taking full advantage of the memory/HD architecture of the XBSX, won't run on anything except the XBSX and XBSS (dear god this is so confusing).

But they need to target PCs. And PCs don't have the features these new consoles do, particularly with the SSD and the hardware decompression. (Even setting aside that plenty of PCs have spinning disks still!).

This is why I think Sony is smart here. Consoles will never be able to compete with PCs in terms of raw GPU power. Which I think is fine. 1080p is more than sufficient for home televisions. But once you start with games that utilize hardware and techniques PCs can't compete with at all, they are going to stand out.

Naughty Dog is going to have the most advanced game on any platform, PC or Console, in this next generation. That's my prediction.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread